How to Prepare For Your Meeting
with a Matchmaker
Congratulations on booking your first meeting with one of our Matchmakers at Matchmakers In The City! Your first meeting with one of our Matchmakers is free so that we can learn more about you, what you are looking for, and discuss the different options of membership with you so that you can ultimately select the best matchmaking program to move forward with. Although your first meeting with one of our Matchmakers is free, that does not make it any less valuable. Here are a few ways that you can work with us to prepare yourself prior to your meeting:
Carve out an hour to meet with your Matchmaker. Our schedules are busy, and our time is valuable, so make sure that you block out an hour for the meeting in order for us to get to know you and learn more about what you are looking for. This way, we can suggest the best plan for your specific desires. We know how precious your time is, and this is one of the major reasons that you are electing to work with a Matchmaker.
Have a basic knowledge of Matchmakers In The City. By no means do we expect you to come in knowing specific trivia about all of our Matchmakers, but having a general understanding of our company, how matchmaking generally works, and visiting the web site will save us time. Before coming in, take 5 minutes to go through our website, www.matchmakersinthecity.com, and be sure to check out the “How It Works” page. It will also be helpful to check out the “Meet Our Matchmakers” page so that you will know a bit about our Matchmakers and what they bring to the table.
Have a few key questions ready to ask so that none of your questions/concerns are left unanswered after the meeting.
Be open. Through working with a Matchmaker you might feel out of your comfort zone in (positive) ways, however, we thrive on your success, and in order to have success in finding ‘the one,’ you must come into the experience with an open mind.
Although our meeting is complimentary, all active memberships begin at $100. Be prepared to spend $100 at the minimum during your meeting. If you are dealing with any sort of financial hardship, have just lost your job, or are not ready to begin working with us, even at the most basic level, please let us know and we can reschedule your meeting for when you are ready to begin!
If you need to reschedule, please do so before 48 hours. Our time is limited, and often get booked up completely for the day, so if you can't make your appointment, let us know within 48 hours so that we can make that time available to someone else.
If you choose to come to our offices for your Consultation, please read over the following:
*Please arrive a few minutes early for your meeting to account for parking.
Our office is located at 11620 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Option #1- There is free street parking all around the office, so arrive a few minutes early to find a spot on Federal Ave between Federal and Wilshire.
- Option #2- Building parking is located off Barry Avenue. Please park in the visitor section (located on lobby level).
- Option #3- You can also park behind The Coffee Bean between Wilshire Boulevard and Federal Avenue. Make sure to get a little something at The Coffee Bean, and they will validate your parking free for 1 hour.
If you choose to conduct your Consultation virtually via Zoom, please read over the following:
- Please check your email at the start of your meeting time. Your Matchmaker will send you over the Zoom link at the start of your meeting!
- Make sure that you are in a private location, where you are comfortable and able to have an intimate and personal conversation with a Matchmaker.
- Make sure that you are indoors and have a good internet connection, this way we can utilize our time efficiently, and are able to clearly communicate in the limited amount of time.
Most importantly, have fun! Our goal is for your experience with us to be relaxing, informative, and fun.
We are excited to meet you!